Fill Level-Inspection Systems
FILL LEVEL MONITORING VS CHECK WEIGHING INSPECTION
For many applications, fill-level monitoring (either through a dedicated fill level monitor or a full container X-Ray system) offers a superior method of determining contents level compared to check weighing. The specific advantages of fill-level monitors are:
- High Speed Operation: Fill-level monitors can easily operate at speeds over 1000 containers per minute. Only specialized checkweighers are capable to such performance.
- Small Footprint: Fill-level monitors require as little as 130mm of line space – a fraction of what is needed for a checkweigher.
- Cost Effective: A fill-level monitor costs a fraction of a high-speed checkweigher and fill-level monitors are practically maintenance free.
- Accurate and Flexible Fill Level: Detect fill-level differences down to 1mm in fluid height.
- Headspace Verification: Measure container head space down to 1mm.
- Minimum Solids Content Verification: For applications where solids are added to the container prior to liquid fill, the FillTrac can readily measure solid and liquid fill levels.
- Under and Overfill: The FillTrac accurately measures over and underfill and accurately ejects mis-filled containers.
- Sampling: The FillTrac can perform on demand on programmed sampling on the basis of filler valve location.
- Filler Valve Monitoring: The FillTrac can measure the accuracy of each filler valve and highlight those valves needing maintenance.